Towards Better Sleep is a group insomnia programme that runs over 6 weeks with 4 x 1 hour sessions from the Psychology Consultants Morningside office. The next group commences mid 2015, to register call (07) 3356 8255 or email email@example.com
Established and facilitated in 2003 by Clinical Psychologist Kathryn Smith and
Psychiatrist and sleep specialist Dr Curt Gray, Towards Better Sleep celebrate over 10 years of proven success. TBS is a cognitive behavioural treatment programme designed to help people suffering from insomnia and other sleep disorders and is held in small groups of 9 people or less. The long standing program treats people in a group setting and provides practical ways to manage sleep issues on an ongoing basis.
The program consists of 4×1 hour evening sessions and runs over 6 weeks at the Morningside practice and focuses on cognitive behavioural techniques, correcting faulty thinking and relaxation strategies.
Here are just a few reasons why the programme and its group setting has proven effective for past participants.
- A group setting offers many benefits including reducing the cost of treatment and giving clients the opportunity to share and learn from each others insomnia experiences.
- The cost is far less because of the group format, individual sessions are $185 each and you would need 2-3 sessions minimum.
- The group has been running with very good results for over 10 years, with the same facilitators – a Clinical Psychologist and a Psychiatrist
- The format of the group is laid out to successfully educate, correct, and complete homework strategies over the 6 weeks of the course
- Participants learn from each other, and keep each other motivated to correct their sleep problems
A doctors referral is required for the programme which may make you eligible for a medicare rebate.
If you are a referring doctor you can download the referral information form.Direct Referral Form
For information on the next group call our Newmarket practice
Ph:(07) 3395 8633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org